Ignition & Electrical
Battery, spark plugs, coils, fuses, light bulbs, etc; all the parts that use electricity are here. The Honda CB500 and CB550 family of bikes uses a battery operated electrical system with a three phase charging system. The ignition system is battery operated via dual points with twin output coils using a “wasted spark” configuration; this allows for two coils to fire four cylinders. The majority of the wire connections in the harness use bullet connectors, which are frequently corroded, broken or hacked up.
- How to set the ignition timing on the Honda CB500K / CB550
- How often do I need to replace the ignition points on my CB550K / CB550F / CB500K?
- How often do I need to set the ignition timing on my CB550K / CB550F / CB500K?
- What size fuse do I need for my Honda CB550K / CB550F / CB500K?
- What is the spark plug gap for the CB550K / CB550F / CB500K?
- What spark plug do I need for my CB550K / CB550F / CB500K?