One of the quirks of the Honda CJ360, when compared to the CB360 & CL360, is its unique exhaust system. The CJ360 is the only model of the 360 family to leave the factory with a 2-into-1 exhaust system. When designing this special exhaust system for the CJ360, Honda made a few changes when compared to what you will see on the CB360 and CL360.
- The CJ360 has larger diameter headers (the same size as used on the CB450's) coming from the engine to the 2-into-1 connection.
- The CJ360 uses a unique exhaust collar so it can fit these over-sized headers into the existing CB360 engine casting. Unfortunately, these are collars are now incredibly hard to find. However, the #5015 CB360 / CL360 exhaust collars we carry can be modified to fit. The images and notes below show you how to make this modification.
- Honda used different size graphite exhaust gaskets for the headers to the 2-into-1 connection. For this you will need to use two of our larger sized graphite exhaust gaskets.
- Honda again used different gaskets for the 2-into-1 to the muffler connection. We do not have these gaskets, but you may find them by looking for Honda OEM Part Number: 18391-390-000
Exhaust Collar Modification Instructions:
To get our CB360 / CL360 exhaust collars to work on your CJ360, refer to the images below for measurements.
- Start by grinding down the flange on the back of the collar to .146"(3.7mm)
- Once ground down to spec, clamp the collar into a vise and bend it open slightly to the 1.7"(43.2mm) width.
- Grinding the outer flange first will allow for an easier time when bending the collar.
Please sign in to leave a comment.