Unfortunately there's no way to remove the starter without removing the side cover, as the starter drive gear and chain will just drop into the engine. Consider the side cover gasket when doing this job, as you may need a fresh one depending on how it was treated the last time it was removed.
Articles in this section
- Camshaft and Rocker Arm Replacement: Honda CB350 / CB360 / CB450 / CB550
- Can I pull my starter without removing my side cover?
- How to Break / Cut Motorcycle Chain
- How to Count Motorcycle Chain Length
- How to Inspect a Used Vintage Honda Motorcycle Engine
- My clutch pops when I squeeze it. How do I adjust my clutch?
- What do you mean by "core"?
- What size chain / sprocket do I need?
- What type of cleaning products should I use?
- When do I use anti-seize and when do I use Loctite?
Please sign in to leave a comment.